Watertightness, robust and accurate
nke has developed a new watertight sensor which can be used for displaying the angle of rotation of a mast or the angle of a rudder as reference for an autopilot.
To calculate the correct wind angle of a rotated mast, it is necessary to compensate the rotated angle data provided by the wind direction sensor (mhu).
Because of exposed location where it is typically mounted (at the base of the mast), it has been designed to withstand the elements, including the impact of waves. This new sensor has successfully been tested on Open 60’s and Mini Transat boats.
This sensor can be supplied with a rotating pulley for a rotating mast, or a rotary arm for use in an autopilot system. The rotation data is sent directly into the nke bus through an interface which is included.
Since the diameter of the secondary pulley to which the sensor will connected varies, a calibration coefficient can be entered.
- Specifications :
- Power supply: 10 to 16Vdc
- Power consumption: 15mA
- Watertightness: IP67 for the sensor, IP54 for the interface
- Weight: 450 gr + sensor arm interface – 480 gr + pulley with sensor interface
- Operating temperature: -10 ° C to +50 ° C
- Storage temperature: -20 ° C to +60 ° C
- Measuring range: -170 ° to +170 °
- Resolution: 0.1 °
- Linearity: 2%
- Supplied with: 3 m cable, interface, pulley arm.